Emmert Development understands the importance of the relationships many people have with their pets. We have many properties owners that will allow pets. The type (i.e. cat, dog, etc.) and size are solely at the discretion of the property owner.
Rental properties that will allow pets do charge additional deposits up front along with monthly pet rent. Renter's Insurance will also be required. Tenants are responsible for any and all damages done by their pets. No tenant shall have more than two animals of any breed at one time.
The following guidelines are designed to minimize health and safety problems and ensure the opportunity to fully enjoy your home.
The following domesticated animals are allowed with approval:
- Domesticated Cat
- Domesticated Dog (breed restrictions do apply)
- Small rodents kept in cages (gerbil, hamster, guinea pig).
- Small fishbowls are OK, but no water tanks over 10 gallons
We do not allow certain dog breeds: Pit Bulls and all variations of including American Pit Bull Terriers, American or Irish Straffordshire Terriers, Bull Terriers, Pit Bulls, Rottweilers, Wolf Hybrids, Doberman Pinchers and any mixed breeds containing any of the previously listed breeds. So please don't ask.
Pets must be properly licensed and vaccinated for rabies and other inoculations usual for the type of animal. Proof of current vaccinations must be provided to management. Permission to keep the pet is restricted to the pet described in this agreement, and does not extend to any other animal.
Resident is responsible for immediate pet cleanup and proper disposal of pet waste.
- Only adult dogs older than 1-year (sorry, no puppies!)
- Dogs must be licensed, immunized, supervised and leashed
- Tenant must immediately collect and properly dispose of dog feces.
- Cats must be immunized, supervised and preferably spayed or neutered.
- Cats must use litter box, which must be kept clean at all times.
- Litter is NOT to be disposed of through the toilet. Litter must be bagged and put into trash receptacle.
- Goldfish and other small-aquarium fish are permitted (smaller than 10 gallons) and do not required special permission or pet deposit.
- Birds will be considered on a case by case basis.
- Other mammals and reptiles are NOT permitted including: Ferrets, rabbits, snakes, lizards and pot bellied pigs.
- Tenant agrees to treat all pets for fleas as preventative maintenance
- Tenant agrees not to leave the property for more than 12 hours without arranging for alternative care for the pet.
- Tenant agrees to make arrangements for pet care when maintenance or other employees need to enter the premises.
- Upon vacating the unit, Tenant will thoroughly clean and remove all pet hairs.
- Tenant is responsible for all damage to the leased premises, including (but not limited to) flooring, carpet, pad, doors, woodwork, and blinds, as well as for damage to public areas outside the leased premises.
- The monthly pet rent is not escrowed or set aside for future damages.
Assistance Animals and Companion Animals will be allowed with a MEDICAL Doctor's note and written request (with no additional deposit or pet rent assessed).